Sunday, August 23, 2009

Back to School

Well the 2009-2010 school year is under way. There are a few changes in my schedule that I look forward to. I will be working with teachers on ways to use technology more in their teaching and I will be teaching an online class. I will really have to focus and schedule some time to write this year. Not to mention maintaining my goal of updating this blog at least once a month.
This summer I did many outdoor activities and will write those up as blogs for the future. I climbed some fourteeners, took a few long bike rides (research for next summer’s Ricky book), went camping three times (enjoying the success of book 4), and rafting the Arkansas River once again.
It is hard to believe that I have started my seventeenth year teaching high school math. My how time flies. Writing tests, assignments, syllabi, and online material will take precedence over the Ricky books. But don’t worry, I will continue to work on Ricky’s Colorado Christmas. We plan to have it ready for the publisher by Halloween. This will give everyone enough time to achieve the goal of having it available by Thanksgiving. I have noticed that setting a deadline helps motivate me to reach the goal.
Because of the timing of the book releases, I have moved Ricky Bikes the Front Range to be the next adventure book to be ready by April 2010 and then Ricky Snowshoes in Mueller State Park to come out soon after that.
October 2 and 3 my writer’s group will be presenting at the Manitou Springs AuthorFest 2009. The AuthorFest is a writer/reader conference. Many Colorado authors are presenting. For more information, click here!
I thought I’d catch you all up, now I need to work on lesson plans.

No comments:

Post a Comment