Monday, August 3, 2009

Pardon the Mess

With the new book out, I wanted to make my website more user friendly. But I was having difficulties getting the site to do everything I wanted it to do. So I came up with a "quick fix". Unfortunately, that made me use two different sites to accomplish everything I wanted. I had a messy site that you could click to to get to the site I liked. But then you'd have to click back to the messy site for the nice "shopping cart" I created. What a nightmare!
With the help of a friend in my writers group, who knows a heck of a lot more technology than I do, he found that blogger.com did everything I needed in my website. So here we are at the new site. I still need to put some finishing touches on it but it will be even better than before.
My goal is to continue to post blogs at least once a month. Mainly to keep my "fans" up to date on my writing progress and to share stories of my own Colorado Adventures!

What is the main goal of author Jeffrey Keller, Jr.? I want to encourage kids to get outside and enjoy everything that Colorado has to offer. Families don't need to spend a lot of money to have what my kids call "Family Fun Day."

I am often asked, "How many Ricky books are you going to write?" Most people want a definite number. Harry Potter had 7 books. The Lord of the Rings had 3 books. Colorado has so much to offer that I will continue to write Ricky books until I run out of ideas. I don't have a goal of a certain amount of books. Plus, if I run out of Colorado activities, Ricky can always visit Niagara Falls, the Grand Canyon, Yellowstone, etc. Originally, I was going to call them Ricky's Colorado Adventure Books. That would limit them, plus that was a long title to use.

So the short term goal for Jeffrey Keller, Jr. is to get this site up to date. Plus I need to finish writing the fifth book, Ricky's Colorado Christmas. I am amazed at the number of local activities that happen all around the state at Christmastime! If you see me walking around humming a Christmas song, don't worry, it's just one way for me to get in the right mind set for the book. Hope you all have a very Merry Christmas! Oops, I mean go get those school supplies and get ready for a terrific year! ...

No comments:

Post a Comment